Thursday, December 12, 2013

Peppers A Plenty!

One of my guilty pleasures in life is PEPPERS! Any form will do! Red, yellow, green, sweet, savory, and the hotter the better! About two years ago I decided it was time for me to start growing my own! We currently are renting a town home, so we do not have a yard for me to plant in. The next best option, clay pots! I started with a few scoth bonnet pepper plants, just to see how they would do! Here are the red, and green ones! 

Scotch bonnets like alot of peppers, is hottest after it's turns red! Long story short the pepper plants faired very well, so now my garden has grown to include, yellow scotch bonnets, jalepenos, habaneros, and even Thai peppers plants! Thai peppers are pictured below!
I use the scotch bonnets to make pepper jelly, the jalepenos for salsa, and the Thai for crushed red peppers for chili and stews! Below is a picture of my famous pepper jelly! Canned and ready! 
When growing peppers it is best to water frequently, keep the soil fresh (if your using clay pots, like me), and place them in direct full sunlight! All the seeds can be found at your local Hardware store, except for the scotch bonnets, those you have to find an actual pepper and extract the seeds! One day I will have an actual vegetable garden, but for now these peppers keep me busy! Happy gardening ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment