Saturday, December 14, 2013

Horse Trails!

Growing up in Texas, I was never very far from horse stables or barns! When given the choices of summer camps to attend, as a youngster it was always horse camp for me! So whenever I get the opportunity to ride these days, I jump at it! 
So today I had the opportunity to ride the Blanton horses with Ms. Robin and Ms. Cathy! Above is Sydney, the horse I rode today! Sydney is a mare, and a Quarter horse! There is a horse trail park about 20 minutes from where we live called Old Welcome Trails. I learned that it is an management property that the county owns! The early rise on a Saturday morning was a little rough, but totally worth it! 
This is Dieago who is the Gelding horse that Ms. Robin rides! Diego is half Arabian half Saddle bread! 
We rode for close to 4 hours, and at least 5 miles! It was a perfect day weather wise, not too cool or hot! We even got an afternoon shower back at the barn! One day I would like to own a horse of my own, but for now I'm glad I have friends that teach can teach me the in's and out's of horse ownership! 
About 2 miles out we ran into some horse friends! You should recognize them from the many Budweiser commercials they have been in, the world famous Clydesdales horses! They are so beautiful! I want! Santa take note! 

The day ended with hay for the horses, and beer for the humans! I had a blast and can't wait to go again! Stay tuned for more horse tales! Happy riding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment